The plant is called basil and it belongs to the aromatic herbs family. Aromatic herb family includes herbs like mint, oregano, and rosemary. Continue reading to find out all the health benefits of basil.
In fact, basil is used in many recipes to add flavor. Also, it’s good to know that there are 35 different types of basil and there are botanical differences between them. Species of basil may include lemon basil, sweet basil, Italian or curly basil, lettuce-leaf basil and Thai basil. They contain essential oils and they are found in some quantities: Citronellol, cinnamate, geraniol, linalool, terpineol, and pinene.
Health Benefits Of Basil
Here are the health benefits of basil:
- Basil has powerful healing qualities,
- Also, contains disease-fighting antioxidants,
- Basil acts as an anti-inflammatory,
- Also, contains anti-bacterial properties,
- It also contains antimicrobial properties that fight viruses and infections,
- Basil is cancer-fighter,
- Also, helps the body to respond to stress,
- It is fever-reducer,
- Basil fights depression,
- The herb can act as a natural aphrodisiac,
- Also, promotes cardiovascular health,
- Basil helps alkalize the body and improve digestion,
- It is antipyretic,
- Also, helps protect from metabolic syndrome,
- Basil combats stress by acting as a powerful adaptogen,
- It is diabetes-preventer,
- Also, supports liver function and helps detoxify the body,
- Basil is liver-protector,
- But also, hepatoprotective,
- It helps the body to fight disease,
- Also, it is blood vessel-protector,
- Basil is anti-stress solution,
- Also, immune-booster and much more…
Finally, Basil has million and much more health benefits for humans but while basil is healing diseases it can have own diseases. Fusarium wilt is a fungal disease that quickly kills younger basil plants. While common foliar disease of basil is Botrytis cinerea bacteria or gray mold which can kill the entire plant. Other diseases of basil are black spot by the fungi genus Colletotrichum, downy mildew caused by Peronospora… etc. It’s ironic but its true.
No matter what basil is a plant that is good for us, so go and buy this plant!